Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moving Forward.

This project is quickly becoming a reality. Six years ago, I wrote in a journal that my dream job would someday be to run a place that develops young leaders. Fast forward five years and I'm a lost law student who has slowly realized being a practicing attorney might not be my calling. A couple months ago, I pulled out that old journal looking for a quote and found my dream staring at me. Since then, like any good dream, it has been constantly in the back of my mind.


About a month ago, I decided to take the leap and commit. I am starting my own nonprofit focused on developing leadership skills in young girls in Minnesota. We are moving forward!


And I am so blessed from the start. One of my classes, Law of Nonprofit Organizations, has chosen my project to take on as a "client." This means I'll have legal assistance and another point of view as I draft the legal documents that will become the structure of my dream. The legal help will start in October so before then I have my work cut out for me. I need board members (3), $800, the start of a budget, and a real vision of what this organization is going to be.


I have my work cut out for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment