Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Beginning.

When I was young, I was determined to matter. I wanted to be important, to be famous, to be rich. As I grew up, I began to learn that it made no difference if I mattered. Finding out what mattered, however, did make a difference.

How you treat people matters. If you are happy matters. If you love, share, hope, believe...it matters. It matters if you are passionate. For me, that is what matters.

So, why The Girls Leadership Project? Because I am passionate about women and leadership. And with the development of their leadership skills, girl leaders become women leaders. And the world could use (a lot) more women leaders.

I have found my passion and I want to share it with you. The Girls Leadership Project is about giving young girls the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and find out what matters to them. And if I'm lucky, some girl will find what she's passionate about. This is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment