Monday, July 11, 2011

Words of Wisdom: Alexandra C.


This is the first installment of Words of Wisdom (W.O.W.), leadership advice from real women. The questions are a work in progress, so let me know your suggestions!

I am also seeking your advice! If you are interested in sharing your W.O.W., email me at girlsleadershipproject@gmail.com!


Words of Wisdom

Name: Alexandra C., 25

Quick Career Bio: former Leadership Consultant for Kappa Kappa Gamma and current law student at the University of St. Thomas School of Law

What are you most proud of? I am most proud of the relationships I have built with the people in my life and the decisions I have made. Both have shaped me into the woman I am today.

Knowing what you know now, would you have done anything different in getting to where you are now? I would get rid of all the doubt I ever felt. Confidence is key - never lose your confidence by doubting yourself.

What does leadership mean to you? To me, leadership is constantly evolving. At it's core, leadership means knowing yourself and sharing your talents with others.

What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess? Heart. Every leader should be compassionate and capable of encouraging the heart.

What inspires you? I am inspired by seeing girls and women achieve their dreams!

What are the biggest challenges facing young girls today? One of the biggest challenges is the media and the assault on a young girl's self-esteem. True role models are hard to find, especially in popular Hollywood. Also, the ongoing inequality between men and women trickles down and affects young girls today.

What advice would you give to yourself as a young girl? Don't give up. Even when you feel lost, know you are special and can achieve your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment